As of Spring 2017, there are 40 seniors and 15 juniors in the Zeta Xi Chapter of Order of Omega. These members have all exhibited an exceptional passion for the positive aspects of Greek Life, and have demonstrated the leadership ability to push these positive aspects forth in the Penn community.
Our mission is threefold:
- Recognize exceptional Greek leadership
- Unite IFC/PHC/IGC as a cohesive community
- Collaborate and communicate with OFSL and upper administration
Since its rechartering in Fall 2014, the Zeta Xi chapter spent several semesters focused on growing the organization and its membership to create the core group of influence it needs to have an impact on the Greek community. In the past year, the chapter has begun testing and implementing several initiatives:
- Greek Newsletter – Published in Fall 2015 that highlighted many positive programming efforts by various individual chapters
- Leader Mentorship Program – A program that connects experienced leaders in Omega with younger or inexperienced leaders, especially from smaller chapters, to offer advice and perspective on the challenges they face within their chapters
- Rising Leader Award – A monetary award presented at the annual Greek Awards Ceremony to that member of the Penn Greek community that best exhibits leadership potential in line with the values of the Order of Omega. The recipient in Spring 2017 was Noah Gelles ’19 of Fiji and the recipient in Spring 2016 was Karis Stephen ’18 of Chi Omega.
In the future, the chapter intends to continue some of these community-building initiatives, as well as delve into some more philanthropic initiatives.